Western Lakes Cycling Club Summer league Results 2016
Western Lakes Cycling Club Summer league Results
Well Cycling Folks, the summer coming to an end, the last league race took place last Wednesday in Partry. The Final league table is published below. With Brendan Butler injured due to a fall in the Bogman 2 day, it was up to the John O Halloran to see if he could take the league title. With Oillie Kelly and Martin Joyce in close quarters in the table, this would ensure real racing to the end. Oillie Kelly won the last race in Partry which he felt he had done enough to take the title. When the trio of O Halloran, Joyce and Gilligan passed the main bunch to claim 4th 5th and 6th on the night, this sealed Oillie’s fate
The Top Ten overall in a wonderful league is as follows
- John O Halloran (WLCC, consistent high results on the Titanium Bike 106 Pts)
- Ollie Kelly (Holly Group, this is Holly answer to Steve Cummings 97 Pts)
- Martin Joyce, (WLCC great top finisher throughout the league 91 Pts)
- Brendan Butler (WLCC, was leading the league all the way till the end 84 Pts)
- Donal O Reilly (WLCC, great improvement throughout the year, 83Pts)
- Shane Gilligan (WLCC, Back to good year for Shane A2 next year 76 Pts)
- Padraig Marrey (WLCC great come back, with good win in Robeen 75 Pts)
- Conor Gill (Holly Group, this is a racer in the making keep it up 69 Pts)
- Sean O Malley (WLCC, he gave other a chance thanks god, 65 Pts
- David Connolly (Holly Group, big lad at the back can come good too 62 Pts)
Prizes will be given out for the league after the club champs next Saturday evening in Inch’s bar Ballinrobe.
Special thanks to all the race directors, all the Marshalls, all the venues for providing the refreshments.
And thanks to all who took part, without members willing to give this a go including the ladies like Anne Flynn, Marie Frazer &Trish who raced each race in the knowledge that it is hard to win but kept trying anyway, it’s great to see.
Final League table