Stage 2b podium
Top 6 on Stage 2b
Team winner Castlebar CC
A3 winner Overall
Joe Moran Westport Covey Wheelers
Mountains Winner Conor Hennerby Viner Caremark Pactimo
All the prize winners over the weekend.
Stage 1 results
1st Bryan Hyland Covey Wheelers Westport Cycling Club
2nd John Bird Kelly Ballintubber cycling club
3rd Johnny Kelly Annagh Wheelers Cycling Club
4th Ger Gerard Slattery Annagh Wheelers
5th James Quilligan Greenmount Cycling Academy
6th Kevin Porter Galway Bay Cycling Club
7th Brian Glavey Covey Wheelers Westport
8th Shane Kelly Newcastle West Cycling Club
The Annual Tourmakeady race takes place on Friday July 20th.
Sign on at Toole’s Bar Tourmakeady Hall from 6pm
Race start at 7.15pm
2 laps of 25k
Prizes for the first 6 over line
Open to A1,A2,A3,A4 and ladies with H/cap
Refreshments afterwards in Toole’s Bar after the event.
Bogman 2 Day Cycle Race in association with Renvyle house hotel
Pre & Post Race information
Saturday 7th July
- Sign on 2pm Marian Hall, Tully cross
- Sign on closes 3.40pm
- Race Starts 4pm
Sunday 8th July
- Starts Kylemore Pass Junction
- 1st Racer off 9am in numerical order.
- Numbers worn on left side
- Starts at Marian Hall Tully cross
- Sign on 12pm
- Stage starts 1pm
NB: Race Nos must be worn on the right hand side of jersey for both road stages
Roughly 1hr after finish of stage in Marian Hall.
Top 6 on in each stage and the top 6 overall
The leader overall and the person with the highest points in the mountains competition must wear their respective jerseys not covered up. Jerseys sponsored by Marrey Bikes Ballinrobe
Gogarty cup for the overall winner.
Race Rules & Regulations
- The Event is promoted by Western Lakes CC & CEECC under the rules and regulations of UCI, the Cycling Ireland Federation and those additional rules as decided by the race organisation. The organisers will under no circumstances hold themselves responsible in any way for cycling, motorcycling, motoring or other civil offences. Competitors, race officials and all team officials are obliged to observe the Rules of the Road Traffic Act. All competitors are advised that the roads used by The Bogman 2 Day are NOT CLOSED to other traffic. Riders are responsible for their own safety at all times.
- The Marian Hall Tullycross will be race HQ. Sign-on for all stages except Stage 2A which will be at start at Kylemore Pass Junction. Result sheets will be available from Cycling HQ, Western Lakes CC website and Facebook Page.
- Appeal will be decided by the race appeals committee comprised of the race commissaries, the race organiser and the chief judge.
- All stage winners must make themselves available for presentation at the end of the stage as decided by the race organiser.
- Start sheet for Stage 2 TT is as per the start list and Jersey number order in ascending order. All riders will be started at 1 minute intervals. Orderly line for time trial start will be mandatory and all riders will be controlled inside a line of road bollards at the start line to eliminate blocking the entire roadway. Any riders found contravening this control will be penalised. Riders are asked to consult the start sheet to find their own start time and not to interfere with the starter.
- Race Nos must be worn on right hand side of the jersey
- Accommodation will be the responsibility of the individual teams officials and riders.
- Race numbers will be provided for all riders who must wear these as advised at the managers meeting.
- All riders who win a prize must attend the prize giving.
Accommodation in the area