Club Roller Marathon fund Raiser
Saturday the 25th of August we are having a marathon roller fund raiser in Ballinrobe. For the past few years this has been a major source of income to the club, money the club badly needs to be able to function at its current level. While this year has been a very successful year for the club, possible our best yet, this success has come at a cost. In the process of cementing our place as one of the most progressive clubs in the country we have under taken some very adventurous and costly projects.
- Applied for funding and planning for new cycling centre. There is nothing in Irish cycling to compare to what we are hoping to build.
- Had 4 Western Lakes riders represent us in the An Post Ras.
- 25 club members are planning on undertaking Ireland's most iconic leisure route - Malin to Mizen
- For the first time we have run our own league which has been a huge success, a stepping stone for our members to take part in bigger races
- We have also run a league with Westport Coveys which is seen as the strongest club league in Connaught
- On the leisure front we have once again run 3 large events, Cornmarket to Castle, lap of the Lake and the Polka Dot Challenge. 3 very well organized and attended events
- This year WLCC has once again seen our members take part in races throughout Ireland. At every major race we were represented
- A major and costly redevelopment of the BMX track has taken place. If you have not seen make sure to check it out, you wont be disappointed.
- Throughout the year there was bike handing courses and race training courses all conducted for all levels
As you can see we have not been sitting quiet this year but as i said this all costs money. A rota has been sent to you by email for the rollerton and I hope you all can make it. If I have not included your name please make an effort to turn up on the day, we could really do with all members lending a hand. If you can’t make it the responsibility is with you to find someone to replace you.
The day has been broken down into 4 two hour segments, 10-12, 12-2, 2-4, 4-6. Each person will be expected to be there for 2 hours only, 1 hour spent on the rollers and one hour collecting money so remember to bring your bike!
Please make sure to be there even if you’re not on the rota.